Our Commitment to Your Safety
Our mission at Red Rock is to value our staff and exceed our guests’ expectations. That mission couldn’t be more representative of our focus in this moment as concerns about the impact of Coronavirus/COVID-19 develop. In order to help ensure a healthy environment—and to protect our staff’s well-being—we have taken extensive preventative measures to minimize the effects of Coronavirus.
In addition to our standard food safety and allergy protocols, we have implemented the following measures:
- Actively monitoring COVID-19 updates from the CDC, WHO, and our health inspector
- Drastically increasing our already rigorous washing and sanitizing protocols
- Requiring any staff member who feels sick to stay home
- Working closely with our food suppliers to ensure safety and handling of all our ingredients
- Emphasizing our take-out program to fully accommodate those of you who may not want to dine in
- Not RE-filling growlers. We are suspending guest containers. You may purchase a new growler glass to fill and we are sorry for the inconvenience
- Humbly requesting that you do not dine with us if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms (fever, coughing, shortness of breath)
Red Rock is following guidance from the CDC and the Utah Department of Health in maintaining our operations. We are hopeful that the impact to Utahns from the COVID-19 is minimal and we are earnest in our endeavor to keep our guests, staff, and community happy as well as healthy.
We are grateful for the trust you have placed in us as Utah’s oldest locally owned and operated brewery. We will continue to share updates as they emerge.
Red Rock Brewing Company