The 18th annual Mountain Brewers’ Beer Fest was this weekend in Idaho Falls, ID. With over 140 breweries sending over 1200 entries, competition was fierce. We were very happy to represent the state of Utah and even happier to bring home four gold medals and two silver medals, for a total of six award-winning Red Rock beers!
Here’s the breakdown of which beers won:
- Gold: Red Rock Paardebloem, our dandelion flavored Belgian-style ale, produced out of a collaboration with New Belgium Brewing Company, won the Biere de Garde category.
- Gold: Red Rock Rauch Bier, our take on the smoke-flavored lager, won the German-style Rauch Bier category.
- Gold: Red Rock Secale, our doppelbock that was lagered in High West Rye Whiskey barrels for six months, won the Barrel-Aged Strong Beer category.
- Gold: Red Rock Munich Dunkel, our malty dark lager, won the Munich-Style Dark category.
- Silver: Red Rock Blonde Ale, one of our lightest and crispiest brews, took second in the Golden or Blonde Ale category.
- Silver: Red Rock Nut Brown, our take on the English-style brew with an American twist, took second in the American-Style Brown Ale category.
Congratulations to our wonderful and hard-working brewers! You guys made us all proud, and represented Utah to the rest of the West in the craft beer industry. Keep doing what you love, because you are obviously great at it! Cheers!
Come try the fruits of their labors at either of our three locations (check location website pages to check which beers are on tap here). Don’t forget to ask your server what food to pair your beer with!